automotive · housing · general consumer resources
- Autotropolis - provides information to help consumers purchase a new or used automobile, includes reviews and ratings of car dealerships
- Car Talk - official site of the Car Talk radio program on NPR
- Edmunds.com - provides True Market Value® pricing, unbiased car reviews, ratings, and expert advice to help you get a fair deal
- Fueleconomy.gov - Fuel economy data for new and used passenger vehicles, fuel saving tips, and safety ratings
- Intellichoice - committed to empowering and educating consumers to make better automotive purchasing decisions
- Kelley Blue Book - authoritative source for car values
- Lemon Law - questions and answers about the Lemon Law as it pertains to Florida
- Motor Trend - thousands of in-depth new and used car reviews, a continually updated car pricing guide, up-to-the-minute news and a prestigious automotive blog run by top Motor Trend editors and contributors
- NADA Guides - vehicle Pricing and Information - broad range of information, products and services to help educate people in the market to buy, sell, trade or simply shop for a vehicle
- Mortgage Loan Calculators - easy to use mortgage calculators from Interest.com
- Realtor.com - official site of the National Association of Realtors which offers a national database and other tools such as neighborhood tours with demographics
- Zillow.com - online real estate service dedicated to helping you get an edge in real estate
by providing you with valuable tools and information
General Consumer Resources
- Annual Credit Report - centralized service to request free annual credit reports from the three nationwide credit reporting agencies
- Antique Appraisers-Has search function that can locate appraisers in an area
- Better Business Bureau - your key advisor, most reliable evaluator and most objective expert on the topic
of trust in the marketplace
- CPSC.gov- Consumer product safety commission, has product recall information.
- Charitynavigator.org - Has ratings for charitable organizations. You can use the site to review a charity before making a donation.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission - protects the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from
more than 15,000 types of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction
- Consumer World - public service, non-commercial guide with over 2000 of the most useful consumer resources
- eHow - over 100,000 articles help you find clear instructions on how to do just about everything
- Epinions.com - consumer reviews platform on the Web and a source for valuable consumer insight, unbiased advice, in-depth product evaluations and personalized recommendations
- Federal Citizen Information Center - trusted one-stop source for answers to questions about consumer problems and government services
- Gethuman.com - Has a search function where you can input a company name and it will give you instructions for by passing the menu and reach a representative quickly
- Greener Choices - Consumer Reports guide to environmentally-friendly products and issues
- Household Products Database - links over 7,000 consumer brands to health effects from Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Inflation and Consumer Spending, U.S. Dept. of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics - various indexes that measure different aspects of inflation, including an Inflation Calculator
- J.D. Power - global marketing information firm that conducts independent and unbiased surveys
of customer satisfaction, product quality and buyer behavior
- National Do Not Call Registry - gives you a choice about whether to receive telemarketing calls at home
- Recalls.org- Has information on recalled products.
- Reviews.com - Provides reviews of a variety of products and services.
- Viewpoints.com - Consumer reviews for over 1 million products
- ZDNet - "At ZDNet, our mission is to be a premier "full service" destination for people looking to buy, use, and learn more about technology."