United States law · Florida law · local law · legal resources · law enforcement
United States law
- Attorney General of Florida - statewide elected official directed by the Florida Constitution to serve as the
chief legal officer for the State of Florida. The Attorney General is
responsible for protecting Florida consumers from various types of fraud and
enforcing the state’s antitrust laws
- Florida Administrative Code & Statutes - provides Floridians access to the rules and regulations affecting them, as well as
notices of proposed rules, public meetings, bid proposals and other items
- Florida Building Code -
provides contractors, builders, and the public, an electronic method to keep informed about the new Florida Building Code
- FloridaLawHelp.Org -
helps low and moderate income people find free legal aid programs in their communities, answers to questions about their legal rights, and find forms to help with their legal problems. It is easy find information by simply entering a ZIP code and the type of help needed.
- Florida Lawyers in Libraries- A statewide collaboration between lawyers and librarians designed to inform members of the public about issues of access to justice and to provide guidance and information on legal resources and referrals available to the public.
- Florida State Courts - information on district, circuit, and county courts in Florida. Self help section contains helpful forms for individuals who wish to represent themselves (pro se) in court matters related to family law
- Florida Statutes and Constitution - links to Florida Statutes, the Florida Constitution, and Florida laws
- Florida Supreme Court - resources for information on the Florida Supreme Court, biographies of current and former judges, criminal jury instructions, public information and court news, supreme court decisions, library and docket searches
- Online Sunshine - official internet site of the Florida Legislature
- State of Florida.com: Florida Statutes and Laws - a portal providing links to county and state courts, code, and other legal subjects and resources
- SunshineStatutes.com - A more user friendly way to read and understand Florida's complicated law books. Contains a description of each law's history and hyperlinked text that shows the definitions of terms in other parts of the law.
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court: Middle Florida District - locate information on bankrupcy procedures, forms, courts and frequently asked questions
- Bay Area legal Services -
Providing free civil legal services to qualified and low-income residents and non-profits throughout the Tampa Bay area.
- Clerk's Self Help Center - remote access to legal forms required for filing tenant evictions, divorce and small claims cases. Provided by Clerk of the Circuit Court. Software contains "easy-to-follow" instructions to allow users to fill out and submit the paperwork online
- Gulfcoast Legal Services - federally funded program to assist low income residents of Pinellas, Manatee, and Sarasota Counties. This site contains information on the types of cases handled, income guidelines, location of offices, and answers to some common legal questions
- Immigration Law Help - Helping low income immigrants find legal help
- Municipal Codes - contained on this website are Codes for more than 1,600 local governments in searchable online databases
- Pinellas County Clerk of Courts - locate legal information and court matters in Pinellas County
- Pinellas County Code - Pinellas County, FL Code and Land Development Code
- Pinellas County Public Records - includes court and official county records. Additional links to many other topics including Emergency Evacuation information, county maps, county calendar and a link to Florida Driver's License renewal online
- St. Petersburg City Code - from Municode.com
- All About Forms - offers more than 2,000 FREE legal forms, and answers to common legal and
- American Law Sources Online - providing a comprehensive, uniform, and useful compilation of links to freely accessible on-line sources of law for the U.S., Canada, and Mexico
- Famous Trials - overview of 35 trials that set major national and world law precedent Contains
both primary and secondary sources. Also has links to other trials resources
- FindLaw - provides legal information, lawyer profiles and a community to help you make the
best legal decisions
- Florida Bar - statewide professional and regulatory organization for lawyers
- Florida State Courts Legal Forms -
free legal forms for marriage, divorce, Lease, and evictions.
- Law Information - information on topics concerning consumers, including workplace and family issues, with expertise provided by members of the American Bar Association
- Lawyers.com - Find information on over 1 million lawyers and law firms
- Legal Information Institute - locate reputable law information including consitututional code, court opinions (Supreme Court, Federal, State), recent legal events, legal directories and other legal resources. Legal Information Institute (LII) is a research and electronic publishing
activity of the Cornell Law School.
- Martindale-Hubbell Lawyer Locator - authoritative resource for information on the worldwide legal profession
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service - federally funded resource offering justice and substance abuse information to
support research, policy, and program development worldwide
- Nolo.com - respected provider of legal information for consumers and small businesses
- Stetson Law Library - online catalog link